Supplementary planning guidance
Supplementary planning guidance provides additional information to help in the interpretation of Local Plan policies for specific sites or issues.
Under the Local Development Framework system existing adopted supplementary planning guidance does not automatically assume the status of supplementary planning documents. However, the council will continue to consider the following documents as material planning considerations, to be used when deciding planning applications, for as long as the local plan policies on which they are based are in place.
The list will be reviewed annually and any documents that have been replaced, are no longer valid considerations, or no longer generally conform to an adopted local plan or development plan document, will be excluded.
- Weymouth Avenue area development brief
- A vision for West Bay: Regeneration framework
- Bridport South West Quadrant regeneration framework
- Enabling development and the conservation of heritage assets (English Heritage publications, 1999, adopted by this council as SPG)
- Charles Street planning brief
- Herrison development brief and design code
- Woodsford Fields, Crossways, development brief
- Chickerell environmental management plan/planning brief (including appraisal of the environment of the parish)
Conservation area appraisals:
- West Bay
Village design statements:
- Bradford Peverell
- West Stafford
- Piddle Valley
A list of supplementary planning guidance is available at the right of this page or from the district council's offices.
Some supplementary planning documents (SPDs) have been adopted and more will be prepared. They will be a material consideration in deciding planning applications and are part of the Local Development Framework(LDF). They must be prepared with the local community and key stakeholders and usually take about six to twelve months to prepare.