This area gives you data on tourism and details for further information.
These pages provide some initial data on tourism in Dorset. Access to up-to-date data on tourism is getting increasingly difficult to obtain but there are further sources that may be useful to those looking for more comprehensive tourism data and research.
- The Visit Dorset website has a whole section on research and data that is available on the Dorset area. Access the
Visit Dorset - Research (opens in a new window) section here.
- The South West Tourism Alliance (opens in a new window) , the industry-led consortium supporting the industry since the closure of South West Tourism in 2011, may also be able to provide assistance for a more regional picture.
- Key facts - tourism
This section gives some basic information on the number of visitors to Dorset, their value to the local economy and the numbers employed in tourism.
- Volume and value of tourism in Dorset, 1990-2009
This page gives the volume and value of tourism from both domestic and overseas visitors.
- Accommodation used by visitors, 2009
This page gives the accommodation used by visitors as a percentage.
- Dorset holiday accommodation - bedstock figures 2009
You can find here the number of bed spaces in Dorset for different types of holiday accommodation, listed by district
- Visitor numbers at selected attractions 2002-2011
This page gives visitor numbers for some of the Dorset attractions.