Public participation at committee meetings
The public can participate at some committee meetings.
To allow the public to be actively involved in decision making, the County Council allows limited public speaking at Committees. Decisions made will affect people who live and work in Dorset so we take great care to ensure that these decisions are fair, democratic and deal with all the important issues. If you wish to speak at a meeting, it is very important that you understand and comply with the guidelines agreed by the Council for public speaking.
Arrangements are in place for public participation in the meetings of the following committees:-
- County Council
- Audit and Scrutiny Committee
- Adult and Community Services Overview Committee
- Children's Services Overview Committee
- Environment Overview Committee
- Public Health Overview Committee
- Planning Committee
- Roads and Rights of Way Committee
- Staffing Committee
- Standards and Governance Committee
- Dorset Health Scrutiny Committee
A range of other public Committee:
The following leaflet sets out the details of these arrangements and how you can go about getting involved.