The Dorset V Card
The Dorset V Card is a new concept, seeking to provide a long term, flexible 'vehicle' for the assessment, development and recognition of life and work skills for volunteers and workless people alike. The programme will be tailored to fit individuals and their personal circumstances, ability and future direction via a personal assessment, a personal development programme and creation of an ongoing CV of skills, experience and achievement. The Programme will be delivered via 3 key initiatives;-
The V Card - a personal V - CV
- A personal assessment, development plan and ongoing support to develop experience and skills.
- A structured credits based volunteering / training model - the more you do - the more you gain
- An ongoing record of individual's skills and achievements creating a 'live' CV
The Life and Work Skills Development Programme
- A focussed programme of life and work skills training co-ordinated by Dorset County Council.
- 'Free' Training up to NVQ level 3
- A credits based approach - credits earned through voluntary work and attainment targets
The Dorset Opportunity Programme Community Project Teams and other placements
- Programme supports the development of skills, confidence and employability.
- Placement with project teams, employers and other organisations to develop life and work skills
- An integrated programme - all working ages, background and abilities.