Economic Development - North Dorset District Council
We have prepared an Economic Development Strategy to address the needs of the local businesses and support them through the next few years, by targeting its resources and those of its partners on what local businesses have told us that they would most value.
The strategy has been prepared with direct contributions from businesses and business support agencies, so that their views are included in the document. The document is our adopted Economic Development Strategy for Action 2012 - 2015 (pdf, 314kb) (opens in a new window) and we would welcome any comments or suggestions that you may wish to make at any time by contacting the Regeneration Policy Manager.
We aim to support business growth in the District by knowing what business is conducted in the district by responding to the needs of existing businesses and by encouraging the development of new business or assisting with the import of business.
Support is available for all types of business, large and small, and for anyone thinking of starting a business.
Information is available on the following services:
- Working with business support organisations
- Business rates
- Up to date economic information and intelligence
- Sources of funding
- Identifying vacant business premises
- Regulations - environmental health
- Licensing and health and safety
- Support for rural development and regeneration
- Encouraging start-up businesses
- Skills and workforce development
- Disposal of trade waste
- Funding for Community Shops
We have a dedicated Regeneration Team which can provide support and information to businesses in North Dorset and those wishing to relocate to the district.