The Queen's Award for Enterprise
The Queen's Awards for Enterprise and Enterprise Promotion are the UK's most prestigious awards for business performance and promotion.
Awards for enterprise recognise outstanding achievement and are awarded annually. Promotion are presented in three separate categories and recognise:
- International Trade - recognising companies that have demonstrated growth in overseas earnings.
- Innovation - recognising companies that have demonstrated commercial success through innovative products or services.
- Sustainable Development - recognising companies that have integrated environmental, social, economic and management aspects of sustainable development into their business
The Queen's Award for Enterprise Promotion (QAEP) is aimed at people who play a significant role in promoting enterprise skills and encourage entrepreneurial attitudes in others in the UK. It is for people who:
- Give up their time - and sometimes provide financial support to help potential entrepreneurs in education or in the early phases of business development
- Work in education, training or youth work and help provide others with enterprise skills
- Are involved in social enterprise and either achieve business outcomes or help others develop business skills
The Lord-Lieutenant is keen to promote local businesses and encourage nominations from Dorset. It is a duty she much enjoys to present these prestigious awards on behalf of Her Majesty to winners in the county.
Application forms and guidance notes can be accessed through the Business Link website (opens in a new window) . You can also contact the Civic & Lieutenancy Officer using the details below.