Recycling banks that take electrical items
Dorset residents can now recycle their unwanted small electrical items more easily at new recycling banks.
The Dorset Waste Partnership and W&S Recycling Ltd have joined forces to help residents dispose of their unwanted household gadgets and appliances in an environmentally friendly way.
Things that can now be recycled at the new Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) banks include small kitchen appliances such as kettles and toasters, mobiles phones, laptops, lamps, electric tools and entertainment gadgets such as games consoles and music equipment - anything which needs electricity to work.
The banks can be found at:
- Bypass car park (next to Waitrose), Christchurch
- Sainsbury's car park, Christchurch
- Wortley Road car park, Christchurch
- Blandford Road North (Upton Oil site), Upton
- Morrison's car park, Verwood
- Allenview car park, Wimborne
- East Dorset District Council offices, Furzehill, Wimborne
Residents can also bring any unwanted, good quality electrical items, such as kettles and toasters, to local furniture reuse centres.