West Dorset Partnership
The West Dorset Partnership is a partnership of voluntary and community, public and private sector organisations working together to improve the quality of life in the district.
The Partnership is chaired by Paul Everall.
The West Dorset Partnership's current constitution (pdf, 375kb) (opens in a new window) was agreed in 2008.
The partnership launched the Community Plan 2010-26 (pdf, 828kb) (opens in a new window) in November 2010. A summary (pdf, 471kb) (opens in a new window) of the plan is also available. The partnership's Action Plan 2012-14 (pdf, 106kb) (opens in a new window) was adopted in July 2012.
The West Dorset Partnership adopted the Climate Change Strategy for West Dorset in 2009.
The Partnership publishes an Annual Report (pdf, 582kb) (opens in a new window) , giving progress on the objectives and actions in the plan and other successes of the partnership.
The partnership has developed a wider partnership network. If you would like to join please contact the Community Planning Officer or complete the form on the Community Planning Leaflet (pdf, 290kb) (opens in a new window) .
West Dorset Partnership Membership
- Age UK Dorchester (opens in a new window)
Citizen Advice Bureau Dorchester, Sherborne and Districts (opens in a new window) Sherborne (opens in a new window)
- Dorchester Local Area Partnership (opens in a new window)
- Dorset Association of Town and Parish Councils (opens in a new window)
- Dorset Community Action (opens in a new window)
- Dorset County Council
- Dorset Fire and Rescue Service (opens in a new window)
- Magna Housing Association (opens in a new window)
- NHS Dorset (opens in a new window)
- South West Dorset Multicultural Network (SWDMCN)
- West Dorset District Council
West Dorset Partnership Bulletins
Bulletins are published following West Dorset Partnership Board meetings.
- Parish Plans
Many parish plans are being prepared in the district, showing how communities want their parish or village to be now and in the future.
- Local Area Partnerships in West Dorset
There are five Local Area Partnerships in the district and they work in partnership to highlight issues or concern, and deliver actions within their local communities (based on the market towns and their surrounding parishes).
Annual Assembly 2012
The 2012 Annual Assembly was held on 26 November at the Dorford Centre in Dorchester.