Constitution of West Dorset District Council
The constitution of West Dorset District Council was adopted by the council in May 2011.
The constitution sets out how West Dorset District Council operates, how decisions are made and the procedures which are followed to ensure that these are efficient, transparent and accountable to local people. Some of these processes are required by the law, while others are a matter for the council to choose.
The constitution is reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
Please contact the council's Democratic Services Team if you have any questions about the council's constitution.
- Index to Constitution [67kb]
- Parts 1 Summary and Introduction and Articles 1 - 9 [193kb]
- Part 2 Articles 10-11 [79kb]
- Part 2 Cont. Articles 12 - 16 [88kb]
- Part 3 Responsibility for Functions [115kb]
- Part 3 cont – Officer Scheme of Delegation [503kb]
- Part 4 cont - Access to Information, Budget and Policy Framework Procedure Rules (2) [126kb]
- Part 4 - Executive and Overview and Scrutiny Procedure Rules [118kb]
- Part 4 - Officer Employment Procedure Rules [16kb]
- Part 4 - Financial Regulations [494kb]
- Part 4 - Council Procedure Rules and Standing Orders [188kb]
- Part 5 - Member Code of Conduct [213kb]
- Part 5 Standards Committee handbook [171kb]
- Part 5 Codes of Conduct (Officers and Members) [121kb]
- A Good Practice Guide for Councillors and Officers Dealing with Planning Matters [218kb]
- Part 5 - Petitions Protocol and Councillor Call for Action Protocol [71kb]
- Councillor Call for Action [71kb]
- Part 5 – Public Engagement Protocol [103kb]
- Crime and Disorder Protocol for Joint Working [1Mb]
- Part 6: Scheme of Members' Allowances 2013/14 [108kb]