Council Tax Support
You may be eligible for Council Tax Support if you are on a low income. Check your eligibility and information about how to make a claim.
- What is council tax support and who can claim it?
Council Tax Support is available to help people who have to pay Council Tax.
- Council Tax Support for West, Weymouth and Purbeck Councils
Local Council Tax Support Schemes are being introduced in West, Weymouth and Purbeck to replace the national Council Tax Benefit Scheme.
- Council Tax Support for Christchurch, East Dorset and North Dorset Councils
Local Council Tax Support Schemes are being introduced in Christchurch, East Dorset and North Dorset to replace the national Council Tax Benefit Scheme.
- How do I claim for Council Tax Support?
To be considered for Council Tax Support you need to complete an application form.
- Appeals against Council Tax Support
How to appeal against your local council's decision on council tax support.
- Backdated claims
If you have a good reason for not claiming earlier, you can ask us to consider backdating your benefits.
- Frequently asked questions
Questions and answers about council tax benefit.
- Non-Dependant Deductions
Rules and procedures for non-dependant adults.
- Second adult rebate
Second adult rebate is for people who cannot get help with their council tax but have other people living with them who are on a low income.