Health and Safety at Work
Health and Safety at Work along with staff welfare and wellbeing is part of good business practice. In Dorset consistent regulation and advice is provided by the WorkWell Dorset partnership.You will find local advice and links to further sources of information.
- There is information about regulations and guidance on the Health and Safety Executive A-Z (opens in a new window)
- To report an accident at work contact the HSE Incident Contact Centre (opens in a new window)
- Who to contact about local Health and Safety issues (pdf, 27kb) (opens in a new window)
- Please note that we do not deal with personal accident claims
- For all online registrations and licences please see our licensing page
- WorkWell Dorset
The WorkWell Dorset partnership has agreed procedures concerning the selection of incidents for investigation and a complaints filter to help decide how health and safety complaints are dealt with.
- WorkWell Dorset Current Topics
The latest areas of interest on Health and Safety at Work: builders merchant, gas safety and fire safety in catering, liquid petroleum gas, bed rails in care homes, beauty sector, event safety, visitor attractions with animal contact, cooling towers and primary authority.
- Are you an employer?
If you are an employer you have a legal duty to secure the health and safety of your employees and others.
- Are you an employee?
You can find help and advice from a variety of sources.
- Are you a member of the public?
Information and advice about health and safety for members of the public.
- Are you a volunteer?
Most health and safety law specifically refers to employees and the duties owed to them. It is good practice, and very strongly recommended, that people working as volunteers are given the same level of protection as employees.
- Are you a contractor or self-employed?
Health and safety information and advice for contractors and the self-employed.
- Who to contact for Health and Safety Issues
Find the best sources for Health and Safety general advice, food safety, fire safety, home safety advice, product safety, health issues, consultants, gas safety, personal safety, care quality plus health and safety statistics. Find out who enforces the health and safety at work legislation in the different business sectors.
- WorkWell Dorset Contacts
A list of your local WorkWell Dorset contacts.