Recycle for Dorset: Garden waste collection
You can pay for an optional, fortnightly garden waste collection in areas where 'recycle for Dorset' is used.
Register your interest
We are not currently taking payment for the garden waste service as we need to re-stock our bins. Please register your interest to receive an update when we are ready to take your payment. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Garden waste service renewals
The deadline for residents in Christchurch and part of East Dorset to renew garden waste subscriptions has now passed.
During November and December we will collect garden waste containers from customers who have not renewed. Please make sure your empty garden waste bin is left in a place where it will be easy for us to collect it.
Garden waste bins and prices
|Garden waste container||Full-year cost||Half-year cost|
|240-litre wheelie bin with a brown lid||£35 (each)||£17.50 (each)|
Note about prices
- If you apply between March and August, you will be charged the full-year cost
- If you apply between September and February, you will be charged the half-year cost
- If you apply during the initial implementation of the service, the cost may be set on a pro-rata basis according to the date when the service starts. See 'Garden waste bin delivery and start dates' below.
Before you apply, please note:
- You can pay for as many bins as you like
- Payment is taken when you apply
- You can share with a neighbour if one property agrees to be responsible for payment and putting the bin out
- Subscriptions are due for renewal annually on 1 April
For more details, read the garden waste service terms and conditions.
Garden waste - what do we collect?
|Yes please||No thanks|
Garden waste will not be accepted in your rubbish bin.
What happens to your garden waste
Garden waste that is collected is recycled into a nutrient-rich compost. Find out more about what happens to your garden waste after it has been collected.
Garden waste bin delivery and start dates
The table below shows when you should receive your bin(s) based on when you pay.
|Areas||Payment received||Bins delivered by|
|Christchurch and part of East Dorset (pdf, 354kb) (opens in a new window)||1 April 2013 onwards||Within 20 working days|
|North Dorset and part of East Dorset (pdf, 3Mb) (opens in a new window)||1 October 2013 onwards||Within 20 working days|
|Purbeck and part of West Dorset including Dorchester (pdf, 184kb) (opens in a new window)||1 August to 25 October 2013||3 March 2014|
|Purbeck and part of West Dorset including Dorchester (pdf, 184kb) (opens in a new window)||26 October 2013 to 28 February 2014||April 2014|
|Rest of West Dorset and Weymouth and Portland|
Sorry, the garden waste service is not yet available here.
Contact the Dorset Waste Partnership
If you want to report a problem, request a service or enquire about something, you can save time by doing it online:
- Report a missed bin collection (opens in a new window)
- Report a missing or damaged container (opens in a new window)
- Request an exception to the standard service or an assisted collection (opens in a new window)
If you would like more information, you can contact the Dorset Waste Partnership.
Garden waste terms and conditions
The Dorset Waste Partnership (DWP) offers an optional, chargeable fortnightly collection of household garden waste to Dorset residents. These terms and conditions formalise the arrangement between the DWP and the Householder in regards to this garden waste service.