North Dorset recycling and rubbish collection dates
Find your next bin collection dates and information about recycling and rubbish bin collections in North Dorset.
Your next collection dates
Tell us your address for your next recycling and rubbish collection dates:
General collection information
- Put your rubbish, recycling and food waste out for collection by 7am on the collection day
- If you receive an assisted collection, please leave your containers at the agreed collection point
- Leave your bin's handle facing the road - this will help our crews complete their rounds on time
- Make sure the lid of your bin is closed - we may not empty your bin if it is overfilled
- It is illegal to put business waste in with household waste. Find out more about our commercial waste collection service
- Take your bin back onto your property by the evening of your collection day
The majority of people in North Dorset have their rubbish collected fortnightly using a 140-litre grey wheelie bin with a grey lid.
Some households may use authorised blue sacks instead of a bin or have a different-sized bin due to their household's specific needs or the type and location of their property.
- Put your brown food waste bin out for collection alongside your rubbish bin
- We will not collect any extra rubbish left beside or on top of your bin - unless you have received authorised blue sacks because of your specific needs
The majority of people in North Dorset have their recycling collected fortnightly using a:
- 240-litre grey wheelie bin with a green lid for paper and cardboard, tins and cans, plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays and aerosols
- green box for glass bottles and jars
- small, red reusable bag for batteries
Some households may use a different-size bin or additional boxes due to their household's specific needs or the type and location of their property.
On your recycling and food waste collection day, please remember the following:
- Put glass bottles and jars only in your green box - do not put glass in your bin
- Put your brown food waste bin out for collection alongside your recycling containers
- We will collect extra recycling you have if you put it in your own boxes, keeping glass separate. Put paper and cardboard in your bin or a box with a lid to keep it dry
Bank Holiday collections
If a Public or Bank Holiday falls on your regular collection day, we will collect your rubbish a day or two later. Check your collection calendar (opens in a new window) for your collection dates around Public or Bank Holidays.
- North Dorset and part of East Dorset recycling and rubbish collection calendars 2013/14
View, download and print your new collection calendar for the recycle for Dorset service, starting in North Dorset in June 2013.