Get Set is the official London 2012 education programme for schools, colleges and local authority education providers across the UK.
The Get Set website (opens in a new window) offers a huge range of opportunities and resources targeted at 3-19 year olds. Its flexible, interactive learning resources are designed to get schools and young people thinking about the Olympic and Paralympic values and the London 2012 Games.
The Get Set network is made up of learning providers who are demonstrably living one or more of the Olympic and Paralympic values and are committed to integrating these values into their whole school development planning and ethos.
What are the Olympic and Paralympic values?
The Olympic values:
The Paralympic values:
The aims of Get Set
- Enhance young people's learning right across the curriculum - through sport, culture and education
- Support and drive existing educational priorities and agendas
- To involve as many children and young people as possible in the excitement of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- To take the magic and inspiration of the London 2012 Games out to classrooms, playgrounds and into the lives of young people across the UK
- To support children and young people across the UK in the development of their leadership, personal, thinking and life skills
For more information visit the Get Set website (opens in a new window) .