Supplementary planning guidance - West Dorset
Supplementary planning guidance provides additional information to help in the interpretation of Local Plan policies for specific sites or issues.
The council consider the following documents as material planning considerations, to be used when deciding planning applications, for as long as the local plan policies on which they are based are in place.
- Weymouth Avenue Development Brief (pdf, 3Mb) (opens in a new window) (2004);
- Vision for West Bay Regeneration Framework (pdf, 4Mb) (opens in a new window) (2003);
- Bridport South West Quadrant Regeneration Framework (pdf, 4Mb) (opens in a new window) (2002); and
- Charles Street Planning Brief (pdf, 641kb) (opens in a new window) (1999, updated 2006).
The following village design statements were drawn up by the local communities, and approved by the district council.
- Bothenhampton Village Design Statement (2003)
- Bradford Peverell Village Design Statement (2000)
- Charminster Village Design Statement (2004)
- Osmington Village Design Statement (2003)
- Piddle Valley Village Design Statement (2004)
- Village Design Statement for the Parish of Loders (2000)
- Walditch Design Statement (2004)
- West Stafford Village Design Statement (2002)
Some supplementary planning documents (SPDs) have since been adopted following the adoption of the 2006 local plan. They too are a material consideration in deciding planning applications.