Christchurch Early Intervention Team
The Christchurch Early Intervention Team is responsible for supporting children, young people and families with additional needs in the Borough of Christchurch. The core team includes Children's Centres, Locality Workers, Locality Social Workers and Youth Workers.
"To improve outcomes for children, young people and families, with a particular focus on those who need support, by developing and delivering an early intervention and prevention service."
The Christchurch Locality Plan 2012-14 (pdf, 342kb) (opens in a new window)details initiatives to be developed in 2012-14.
The responsibilities of the Christchurch Early Intervention Locality Team include:
To request involvement from the Christchurch Early Intervention Team in supporting a child, young person or family please contact the Christchurch Family Support Team
We offer professionals:
- Support with the Common Assessment Framework (CAF) process
- Advice and guidance to services that support families
- Direct involvement in CAF casework
- Training and support in the lead professional role and team around the child meetings
- Attendance at team around the school, school pyramid and multi agency meetings
- Advice and guidance to schools regarding pupil registration regulations, children missing from education and elective home education
- Assistance in identifying agencies best suited to meet needs of children, young people and families