Skip Navigation

Apply for a school place

iStock - Line of school children in uniform

Guidance on how to apply for a school place and which application form to complete.

Non EU Resident

If your child is a non EU resident then we can only consider the application once you are a resident in Dorset. Please be aware that we require copies of the parent and child's passports and visas before we can offer a school place.

Will I get my preferred school?

We aim to provide a school place at your highest preference wherever possible. However, there is no guarantee that you will get your preferred school. Even if you move into the catchment area the school may already be full. We advise all parents and guardians to consider naming more than one preference. You can contact the school admissions team to discuss availability, check your catchment school or if you need additional information.

What type of application do I need to make?

Transfer Application (September 2014 Entry)- For children starting school for the first time or moving up to the next school in September 2014.

In Year Application- For children moving to a Dorset school part way through the school year, or in September but not in the normal year of entry for that school. You do not have to be a Dorset resident to complete this form.

Change of Preference Form (word, 112kb) (opens in a new window) - If you have already submitted an application and wish to change your preference/s please complete this form. Please note that any change of preference is dealt with in the next available admissions round according to the date the form is received.

Waiting List Form (word, 105kb) (opens in a new window) -If you wish to place your child's name on the waiting list for your preferred school please complete this form. Please note you do not need to do this if you have already selected this option on your online account.

Powered by GOSS iCM
Feedback Form