Find your catchment area school including lists of schools that don't have catchment areas.
Schools in your catchment area
Enter your postcode to find schools in your catchment area:
Schools that do not have a catchment area:
- All Saints CE School (Weymouth and Portland area)
- Budmouth College (Weymouth and Portland area)
- Dorset Studio School (Dorchester area)
- The Priory CE VA Primary School (Christchurch and Highcliffe area)
Voluntary aided Roman Catholic schools:
Catholic schools do not have catchment areas. They admit children from Catholic families, other denominations and those of no faith backgrounds. You will need to provide proof of this on application.
- St Augustine's Catholic Primary School (Weymouth and Portland area)
- St Catherine's RC Primary School (Bridport area)
- St Catherine's Catholic Primary School (Wimborne and Cranborne area)
- St Joseph's Catholic Primary School (Christchurch and Highcliffe area)
- St Mary & St Joseph Catholic Primary School (Purbeck area)
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School (Dorchester area)
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School (Gillingham area)
- St Mary's RC Primary School (Purbeck area)
Changes to Weymouth catchment areas
As a result of a consultation in 2014/2015, the catchment areas for the allocation of places in September 2016 for Weymouth have changed.
St. Andrew's Primary School/St John's Primary School
The Overcombe area of the catchment of St. John's Primary School has moved into the catchment of St. Andrew's CE Primary School. In addition, parts of the Bincombe Valley Primary School's catchment are now part of the St. Andrew's Primary catchment area. This includes the new housing to the East of Louviers Road. View the changes to Weymouth catchment (pdf, 267kb) (opens in a new window)
Expansion of Bincombe Valley Primary School
The proposed development for the Littlemoor Extension is now incorporated into the catchment of the Bincombe Valley Primary School. View the changes to Weymouth catchment. (pdf, 267kb) (opens in a new window)
Radipole Primary School/St. John's Primary CE VA Primary School
Given the pressures at St. John's Primary and to help ensure local families can access a school close to their home, families living in the St. John's catchment will also be considered catchment for Radipole Primary as well. In order for a family to be considered they must name Radipole Primary as one of their 3 preferences. We would also advise families to include St. John's in their preferences.
Beechcroft St. Paul's Primary School/Conifers Primary School/Holy Trinity Primary School
Given the pressures at Beechcroft St. Paul's Primary School and to help ensure local families can access a school close to their home, families living in Beechcroft St. Paul's catchment area will also be considered catchment for both Conifers Primary and Holy Trinity Primary. In order for a family to be considered for one or either of these schools, they must name one or both of these schools as a preference on their application form. We would also advise catchment families to include Beechcroft St. Paul's in their preferences
Families are always advised to include their catchment school as one of their preferences as well.